UK: Event to focus on product innovation in apparel
Experts from leading fashion and apparel brands including Gucci, Adidas, Burberry and Tommy Hilfiger are taking part in a two-day event in London that will look at the opportunities offered by modern technology in helping to improve and streamline the apparel product development process.
This is the second time that PI Apparel 2014, or Product Innovation Apparel, is being held after making its debut last year.
The event takes as its foundation the fact that fluctuating consumer demand means apparel and fashion firms have to rely much more on internal streamlining and cost savings in order to remain competitive.
As a result, companies are increasingly focusing on technology deployments and upgrades to enhance their overall supply and value chain.
PI Apparel brings together technical case studies and strategic presentations, supported by networking opportunities. Discussions will look at pioneering innovations, PLM-specific journeys, and department-specific challenges from design and development through to merchandising, sustainability and retail.
More specifically, sessions will include the following:
- Michaela le Divelec Lemmi, chief corporate operations officer & EVP will discuss and share how Guccio Gucci SpA is utilising sustainability efforts to remain innovative and competitive.
- Have operations at Bonobos and Fashion Avenue Knits truly been enhanced through technological developments and what implications have these had on business?
- Directors from Aydinli Group and Tommy Hilfiger will discuss the inefficiencies that led them to turn to PLM and what the platform has meant for collaborative product development and visibility.
- Have Otto GmbH & Co KG and Kipling successfully enhanced consumer engagement in maintaining brand integrity and supporting a more consumer-centric approach to design?
- What technologies have been deployed by Adidas to support a real-time global business environment and boost virtualisation efforts in apparel?
- What are the newest innovations in fashion/apparel design technology as shown by The Unseen, BioCouture and Modern Meadow.
As a media partner for the event, just-style has secured a special rate for delegates. Click here to find out more.
What key strengths and strategies are helping retailers to take the lead? Building fully integrated and flexible supply chains, with an end-to-end focus on ethics and responsibility will help to separ...
Canadean's "Tommy Hilfiger Group: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key...
Burberry Group plc (BRBY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by G...
Kering has booked a jump in full-year earnings but warned that the unsettled economic environment and currency trends will continue to have a mixed effect on group results....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hats, Caps, And Millinery in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Ame...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide