CHINA: Ever-Glory to set up new factory
Multinational garment maker and exporter Ever-Glory International is to set up a new factory in the Nanjing Jiangning Economic and Technological Development Zone.
The factory, expected to be completed late this year, will contain workshops, an office building, a design and development building, dining area and apartments.
The company foresees a yearly production capacity of more than 6,500,000 after opening the new site.
''Ever-Glory International Group is committed to widening its lead in advanced garment manufacturing,'' said Edward Kang, president and CEO.
''Our manufacturing network is a strategic asset of unmatched scope and scale that gives the company the ability to provide customers with leading-edge products in high volume."
He added: "Today's announcement of a Nanjing Jiangning Economic factory reaffirms that Ever-Glory platforms will contain the advanced and innovative technology for years to come".
Ever-Glory is a publicly-traded company making middle to high-grade casual, outer, and sportswear clothing.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack