USA: Everlast Signs Taiwan Licensing Deal With Joint Power
According to Everlast CEO George Horowitz, the deal was in line with the Bronx-based company's international growth strategy.
"We continue to see worldwide demand for strong American brands, rich in heritage, such as Everlast," he said.
"Our agreement with Joint Power capitalises on this trend and will increase our penetration of the important Asian market."
Joint Power general manager Danny Wong agreed that the Everlast brand appealed strongly to the Asian market.
"The Taiwanese recognise Everlast as an authentic American icon with vast appeal," he said.
"The Everlast brand also possesses a number of brand attributes such as durability, strength and quality which appeal to the Taiwanese marketplace, one that also appreciates the boxing and fitness aspects of the brand."
The agreement with Joint Power is Everlast's 46th licensing contract in the past three years.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Sports goods and apparel maker Everlast Worldwide has signed a licensing agreement with Spris Corp for the production and distribution of apparel for the South Korean market....
City analyst Richard Ratner has warned of a legal clash between high-street chain Marks & Spencer and George Davies, founder of its Per Una range, if Davies continues with his plan to establish a comp...
Design consultant George Davies, who last week announced his departure from Marks & Spencer's Per Una fashion brand, is planning to establish a stand-alone clothing chain to rival M&S....
Sporting goods and apparel group Everlast Worldwide Inc has signed a licensing deal allowing it to launch Everlast-branded sports apparel and hats for men, women and children in Spain, Portugal and th...
Jacques Moret Inc, women's apparel licensee for the Everlast sports apparel and goods company, has signed a deal with fashion designer Norma Kamali for the design and production of a contemporary spor...
Large-scale sporting and athletic group Everlast Worldwide Inc has reported a 36 per cent jump in second-quarter sales, led by good performance of continuing apparel operations and sporting goods....
Sporting apparel and goods company Everlast Worldwide Inc has named Seth Horowitz president and chief operating officer of the company, effective immediately....
Sports goods company Everlast Worldwide Inc has signed a licensing deal with New York-based Gleason's Gym which enables the owners of Gleason's Gym to seek new locations and sign gym owners to brand t...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022