PHILIPPINES: Evershine Inventory Planning Goes To Intentia
The Movex Fashion solution will support core business processes such as manufacturing, financial management and customer relationship management. This will enable Evershine to integrate its supply chains, provide enhanced customer service and assist the company in managing its inventory production levels in line with customer demands.
Prior to Evershine's partnership with Intentia, the company had used PC-based software to support all of its business operations. With over 200 local customers, including wholesalers, distributors and provincial malls, and the fact that it also manufactures and distributes knitted fabrics, the company soon outgrew the system. Discrepancies in inventory records and out-of-stock/overstock conditions with the PC-based system also meant Evershine faced a 15-20 per cent loss of potential sales.
With Movex in place, Evershine expects to see improved inventory planning and control through the availability of accurate information; faster response to customer queries and orders with a complete overview of operations, tighter control over procurement activities, improved production planning and control techniques; and better analytical tools and data for strategic management planning.
The project is slated for completion during the fourth quarter of 2002.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020