MALAYSIA: eWarna Expands Xmatch Color Approval Solution
The "Trim Search" function enables Xmatch users to carry out a precise colour search of live and always up-to-date colour libraries provided online via eWarna by a wide and growing range of global trim suppliers, from thread through zips to haberdashery.
The new spectrophotometer (spectro) correlation tool prompts the buyer to re-measure a swatch on a spectrophotometer, and automatically creates a link between that measurement and the one from the mill.
Over time Xmatch builds up a database of these links, and live summary reports of the results can be viewed on demand. A buyer can view individual trends in measurement differences between his spectro and one other, or view summary reports of all spectros in his supply chain versus his own unit.
"This is not a correction feature on its own," says Richard Lawn, CEO of eWarna, "rather it follows our belief that the proper aim of digital colour in the supply chain is to improve a very lengthy and wasteful physical process by involving all players in a simple and cost effective manner, eliminating obvious wasted processes immediately and then working on the issues that remain."
If a buyer can see that any differences between her measurements and those of a supplier stay within an acceptable range, then that gives the confidence needed to move further towards digital decision making.
Companies: Deckers Outdoor Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
However important and serious the problems coming from quota abolition might be, there's no evidence they're urgent, says Mike Flanagan. Governments do most damage when they act in haste: the most imp...
Colour collaboration solutions supplier eWarna has unveiled new pricing and packaging options aimed at solving the challenges faced by fashion retailers, brands, and agents when working with colour su...
eWarna, which specialises in online colour management solutions (CMS), has signed an intergration and distribution agreement with Yunique Solutions, a developer of product lifecycle management (PLM) a...
Zweave Inc and eWarna are teaming up to offer combined product development software and services to help apparel manufacturers improve their colour data management needs....
A Product Design student at Nottingham Trent University has invented a shoe that can be worn in either a high-heeled or flat position due to its detachable heel....
Footwear group Deckers Outdoor Corporation has revised its sales and earnings guidance for the second quarter and full 2005 financial year, due to unfavourable weather affecting the Teva business....
Belgian designer Raf Simons has been named as fashion label Jil Sander's new creative director, ending months of speculation over who will replace the label's founder. ...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts