UK: Ex-Adidas designer to create fashion range for Tchibo
High street retailer Tchibo has signed Michael Michalsky, formerly global creative director for Adidas, to create a new fashion collection called Mitch & Co.
The range, which launches next week, consists of sportswear and fashion basics for men and women at prices ranging from GBP7.50 (US$14.8) for a bikini top to GBP19.50 for a hooded mini-dress.
Michalsky's high-profile projects at Adidas included collaborations with Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto (with whom he launched sub-brand Y-3), British fashion designer Stella McCartney and hip hop star Missy Elliot.
This is the first of a number of collections Michalsky is producing for Tchibo, with the next range launching later this summer.
Tchibo has 73 standalone stores in the UK, as well as 200 concessions in Sainsbury's, Somerfield, Budgens and Shoprite supermarkets.
The company is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, and sells everything from coffee to housewares, clothing and furnishings.
MAS Holdings, Sri Lanka's leading intimate apparel manufacturer and the single largest supplier to US lingerie chain Victoria's Secret, continues to innovate to meet the needs of its customers. Mahesh...
The new principal owner, chairman and CEO of Maui Surf Company, Marc-Udo Broich, has appointed Joe O'Brien as its president....
Adidas and the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) have announced the extension of their sponsorship deal for the national team until the end of 2014....
Sainsbury's has this morning (14 November) looked to the future with a set of robust half-year results and the announcement of a venture to develop its property portfolio....
Vintage sportswear specialist Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Company has been bought by The Sports Licensed Division (SLD), part of the Adidas Group, for an undisclosed sum....
Adidas AG has appointed Dr Hans Friderichs as chairman of its supervisory board with immediate effect, replacing Henri Filho who has resigned for personal reasons....
Australian Wool Innovation (AWI) has agreed a range of new projects with mills and garment makers in Vietnam to develop new fabrics and active sportswear using its Merino wool....
Sporting goods behemoth Adidas Group has posted a 22% increase in net income for the third quarter to EUR298m (US$437m), attributed to higher operating profit and lower net financial expenses, includi...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020