UK: Ex-Austin Reed Business Will Expand Says New Owner
Thompson Holdings (London), the soon to be owner of Austin Reed Group's bespoke tailoring business, Chester Barrie, has pledged to expand the brand. Thompson Holdings, who are buying Chester Barrie for £3.7m, say they hope to expand and develop the brand both nationally and internationally. The company has exchanged contracts for Chester Barrie, which manufactures hand tailored clothing under the Chester Barrie brand name and Ralph Lauren Purple label. Completion is due to take place in October. Thompson Holdings also own Traditional Weatherwear which owns the Mackintosh brand. Austin Reed say they will maintain links with the Chester Barrie brand through a commercial supply agreement. The news comes as Austin Reed announces that it plans to reduce its emphasis on men's formal wear.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective