UK: Ex-Austin Reed Business Will Expand Says New Owner
Thompson Holdings (London), the soon to be owner of Austin Reed Group's bespoke tailoring business, Chester Barrie, has pledged to expand the brand. Thompson Holdings, who are buying Chester Barrie for £3.7m, say they hope to expand and develop the brand both nationally and internationally. The company has exchanged contracts for Chester Barrie, which manufactures hand tailored clothing under the Chester Barrie brand name and Ralph Lauren Purple label. Completion is due to take place in October. Thompson Holdings also own Traditional Weatherwear which owns the Mackintosh brand. Austin Reed say they will maintain links with the Chester Barrie brand through a commercial supply agreement. The news comes as Austin Reed announces that it plans to reduce its emphasis on men's formal wear.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores