UK: Ex-Austin Reed Business Will Expand Says New Owner
Thompson Holdings (London), the soon to be owner of Austin Reed Group's bespoke tailoring business, Chester Barrie, has pledged to expand the brand. Thompson Holdings, who are buying Chester Barrie for £3.7m, say they hope to expand and develop the brand both nationally and internationally. The company has exchanged contracts for Chester Barrie, which manufactures hand tailored clothing under the Chester Barrie brand name and Ralph Lauren Purple label. Completion is due to take place in October. Thompson Holdings also own Traditional Weatherwear which owns the Mackintosh brand. Austin Reed say they will maintain links with the Chester Barrie brand through a commercial supply agreement. The news comes as Austin Reed announces that it plans to reduce its emphasis on men's formal wear.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020