UK: Ex-Austin Reed Business Will Expand Says New Owner
Thompson Holdings (London), the soon to be owner of Austin Reed Group's bespoke tailoring business, Chester Barrie, has pledged to expand the brand. Thompson Holdings, who are buying Chester Barrie for £3.7m, say they hope to expand and develop the brand both nationally and internationally. The company has exchanged contracts for Chester Barrie, which manufactures hand tailored clothing under the Chester Barrie brand name and Ralph Lauren Purple label. Completion is due to take place in October. Thompson Holdings also own Traditional Weatherwear which owns the Mackintosh brand. Austin Reed say they will maintain links with the Chester Barrie brand through a commercial supply agreement. The news comes as Austin Reed announces that it plans to reduce its emphasis on men's formal wear.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective