US: Ex-Diesel manager Presca to head VF international jeanswear
Giorgio Presca, most recently general manager of Diesel, has joined VF Corp as president of VF jeanswear international.
He succeeds Aidan O'Meara, appointed to the new post of president of VF Asia Pacific, and assumes responsibility for VF's jeanswear brands - Lee, Wrangler, Maverick and Old Axe - in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) as well as the expansion of these brands into emerging markets such as India, China and Russia.
Presca will be based in Bornem, Belgium, and report to Karl Heinz Salzburger, president of EMEA and Asia for VF.
Prior to his most recent post at Diesel, Presca was vice president of marketing and sales for the brand. Earlier in his career, he served as brand director, EMEA, for Levi Strauss & Co and marketing director of Benetton Sportsystem.
"The international jeanswear market presents tremendous opportunities for VF's international growth," Salzburger said.
"We are thrilled to have Giorgio joining our team and excited to use his expertise to expand our business throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia."
By Arnold J Karr.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Companies throughout the supply chain are under growing pressure to execute a lean, mean and green business model. Joe Ayling reports from the first ever RITE Group Conference on sustainable textiles ...
The global market for organic cotton products topped US$1bn in 2006, according to the latest research....
Textile and apparel major Arvind Mills Limited has posted a 122% jump in second quarter profit, even though its fabric and garment business is under pressure from the rising rupee and increasing costs...
Branded jeans and casualwear maker VF Corporation has posted a 4.8% rise in third quarter profit, helped by strong sales in its outdoor, jeanswear and imagewear businesses and by revenues from recent ...
Indian textile manufacturer Arvind Mills is planning to enter the retail market through its Arvind Brands unit, it has been reported....
Six top US apparel brands that buy blue jeans from Mexican jeans manufacturer Grupo Navarra are calling for a free choice of union for workers at the company's factory in Tehuacan, Mexico....
Indian conglomerate the Mahindra Group is planning to roll out a retail chain selling toys and apparel across the country....
Levi Strauss & Co on Wednesday (10 October) reported a 24% jump in third quarter earnings as strong sales in Europe and Asia helped offset softness in its US Signature and Dockers brands....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sourcing at MAGIC tackles trade, Africa and speed
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar