USA: Ex-Gap President To Lead New American Eagle Concept
Clothing retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc has named ex-Gap boss Ken Pilot as president of the new retail chain which it plans to launch in autumn 2006.
American Eagle unveiled details of the new store concept in November, describing it as a complement to its existing chain targeted at the 15-22-year-old market.
The company also said Chuck Chupein, who most recently served as director of operations and real estate at apparel company Sugartown Worldwide Inc, will become senior vice president, chief operating officer of the new division.
In addition, James Olsson - previously chief executive officer of Ripcurl Inc - will take on the role of vice president, general merchandise manager of men's.
American Eagle Outfitters sells its own brand of casual clothing through 777 stores in the US, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, and 69 stores in Canada.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Trendy apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc has posted a more than doubled first-quarter profit hike on a surge in same-store sales....
Gap has announced that in addition to its 18 Gap stores to be opened in Japan this year it will open five Banana Republic stores in Tokyo....
Luxury brand Hugo Boss AG plans to grow the share of ladies' clothing sales in the group to one third by 2013, chief executive Bruno Saelzer told Focus-Money magazine....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has announced that its new women's retail division will be called Forth & Towne, alongside revealing a number of strategic growth initiatives....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has named Cynthia Harriss, currently president of Gap Inc Outlet, as new president of the Gap brand....
Surging textile imports helped push the US trade deficit to an all-time high of $61.04 billion in February. According to figures released by the Commerce Department, for the first two months of 2005, ...
Asaf Alperovitz has been named as new chief financial officer of seamless intimate apparel and active-wear producer Tefron Ltd, replacing Gil Rozen who is leaving the company to pursue private busines...
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar