WORLD: Expansion “crucial” to success of zero discharge initiative
Expansion of the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) partnership – which has a target date of 2020 - is “crucial” if it is to have a major effect on the industry, according to the initiative’s latest report.
The latest ZDHC report said members were “well under way” towards achieving a foundation to work towards the 2020 target, with members working to structure and clarify the programme.
A Joint Roadmap on the issue has a firm publishing deadline of May next year, the partners said.
But they added: “Expansion of ZDHC participation is crucial in order to tackle the complex issues involved and to lift these challenges from a few industry leaders to the entire industry.
“Towards that effort, we re-emphasise our warm welcome for any interested brands, retailers, suppliers, chemical industries, and stakeholders who would like to be involved in our ZDHC programme.”
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
British fashion retailer Primark and Canadian brand Joe Fresh have confirmed that their garments were being manufactured in one of the Bangladesh factories that collapsed on Wednesday (24 April), kill...
Better-than-expected sales of its Ugg brand lifted first quarter sales at Deckers Outdoor Corporation, but higher sales costs and expenses weighed on its bottom line....
The most read stories on just-style this week include the collapse of a garment factory in Bangladesh, the extension of C&A's RFID project to 25 stores, and campaigners urging Foot Locker to cut ties ...
Lingerie company Van de Velde warned that the "very tough" consumer market was likely to negatively impact earnings for fiscal 2013, amid signs of falling sales among independent retailers across Euro...
Children's wear retailer The Children's Place has appointed its chief financial officer Michael Scarpa to the additional post of chief operating officer....
The Indian government has launched 21 new textile parks - a year and a half after they were first approved and less than a year after the funds were released....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019