WORLD: Expansion “crucial” to success of zero discharge initiative
Expansion of the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) partnership – which has a target date of 2020 - is “crucial” if it is to have a major effect on the industry, according to the initiative’s latest report.
The latest ZDHC report said members were “well under way” towards achieving a foundation to work towards the 2020 target, with members working to structure and clarify the programme.
A Joint Roadmap on the issue has a firm publishing deadline of May next year, the partners said.
But they added: “Expansion of ZDHC participation is crucial in order to tackle the complex issues involved and to lift these challenges from a few industry leaders to the entire industry.
“Towards that effort, we re-emphasise our warm welcome for any interested brands, retailers, suppliers, chemical industries, and stakeholders who would like to be involved in our ZDHC programme.”
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
British fashion retailer Primark and Canadian brand Joe Fresh have confirmed that their garments were being manufactured in one of the Bangladesh factories that collapsed on Wednesday (24 April), kill...
Better-than-expected sales of its Ugg brand lifted first quarter sales at Deckers Outdoor Corporation, but higher sales costs and expenses weighed on its bottom line....
The most read stories on just-style this week include the collapse of a garment factory in Bangladesh, the extension of C&A's RFID project to 25 stores, and campaigners urging Foot Locker to cut ties ...
Lingerie company Van de Velde warned that the "very tough" consumer market was likely to negatively impact earnings for fiscal 2013, amid signs of falling sales among independent retailers across Euro...
Children's wear retailer The Children's Place has appointed its chief financial officer Michael Scarpa to the additional post of chief operating officer....
The Indian government has launched 21 new textile parks - a year and a half after they were first approved and less than a year after the funds were released....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis