USA: Expansion Pays Off For Burlington Coat Warehouse
Burlington Coat Factory's (NYSE:BCF) expansion has paid off, as its annual and quarterly reports showed today.Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation, which operates 282 stores in 42 states, opened 23 new stores, closed 4 stores, relocated 4 stores and expanded an additional 6 locations resulting in a 10.7 per cent increase in total square feet during the year. This has resulted in a strong rise in shares and a 10.7 per cent increase in sales this quarter. For the twelve months ended June 3, 2000, net income before the cumulative effect of an accounting change was $62,476,000 or $1.37 per share. This compares with net income of $47,783,000 or $1.02 per share for the corresponding period last year. Net income after the cumulative effect of an accounting change was $61,120,000 or $1.34 per share. This compares with net income of $47,783,000 or $1.02 per share for the same period last year. Sales for the twelve months ended June 3, 2000 (53 weeks) were $2,198,696,000 compared with $1,944,106,000 for the prior year 52 week period ending May 29, 1999. Total sales for the year, excluding the extra week this year increased 11.4 per cent. Comparative stores for the twelve month increased 2.2 per cent. Net income was $6,971,000 or $.16 per share compared with net income of $5,886,000 or $.13 per share last year. Net sales for the quarter ended June 3, 2000 (14 weeks) were $526,238,000, compared with sales of $446,086,000 for prior year 13 week period ended May 29, 1999. The net sales for the additional fourteenth week were $32,500,000. Total sales for the quarter, excluding the extra week, increased 10.7 per cent. During the fourth quarter, comparative store sales increased .1 per cent. For comprehensive financial information please visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022