USA: Expansion Pays Off For Burlington Coat Warehouse
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation, which operates 282 stores in 42 states, opened 23 new stores, closed 4 stores, relocated 4 stores and expanded an additional 6 locations resulting in a 10.7 per cent increase in total square feet during the year.
This has resulted in a strong rise in shares and a 10.7 per cent increase in sales this quarter.
For the twelve months ended June 3, 2000, net income before the cumulative effect of an accounting change was $62,476,000 or $1.37 per share. This compares with net income of $47,783,000 or $1.02 per share for the corresponding period last year. Net income after the cumulative effect of an accounting change was $61,120,000 or $1.34 per share.
This compares with net income of $47,783,000 or $1.02 per share for the same period last year. Sales for the twelve months ended June 3, 2000 (53 weeks) were $2,198,696,000 compared with $1,944,106,000 for the prior year 52 week period ending May 29, 1999. Total sales for the year, excluding the extra week this year increased 11.4 per cent. Comparative stores for the twelve month increased 2.2 per cent.
Net income was $6,971,000 or $.16 per share compared with net income of $5,886,000 or $.13 per share last year. Net sales for the quarter ended June 3, 2000 (14 weeks) were $526,238,000, compared with sales of $446,086,000 for prior year 13 week period ended May 29, 1999.
The net sales for the additional fourteenth week were $32,500,000. Total sales for the quarter, excluding the extra week, increased 10.7 per cent. During the fourth quarter, comparative store sales increased .1 per cent.
For comprehensive financial information please visit www.burlington.com/finance.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Department store retailer Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse has reported better year-on-year earnings and sales for the second quarter ended 26 November....
Off-price retailer Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation has reported net sales from continuing operations of $650.8 million for the three months ended 27 August compared with sales of $574.2m...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' August sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Apparel retailer Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corp has reported a decrease in fourth-quarter net income on lawsuit settlement expenses, an alteration in personal property tax accounting, and disp...
Value clothing retailer Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corp says it is considering "strategic alternatives" to boost shareholder value....
Top outerwear and apparel retailer Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation has been optimising workforce processes across its 360 retail stores in the US with the implementation of retail soluti...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Apparel retailer Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation has selected ProfitLogic's Markdown Optimization solution for use at its 360 stores throughout the US....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective