USA: Expansion Pays Off For Burlington Coat Warehouse
Burlington Coat Factory's (NYSE:BCF) expansion has paid off, as its annual and quarterly reports showed today.Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation, which operates 282 stores in 42 states, opened 23 new stores, closed 4 stores, relocated 4 stores and expanded an additional 6 locations resulting in a 10.7 per cent increase in total square feet during the year. This has resulted in a strong rise in shares and a 10.7 per cent increase in sales this quarter. For the twelve months ended June 3, 2000, net income before the cumulative effect of an accounting change was $62,476,000 or $1.37 per share. This compares with net income of $47,783,000 or $1.02 per share for the corresponding period last year. Net income after the cumulative effect of an accounting change was $61,120,000 or $1.34 per share. This compares with net income of $47,783,000 or $1.02 per share for the same period last year. Sales for the twelve months ended June 3, 2000 (53 weeks) were $2,198,696,000 compared with $1,944,106,000 for the prior year 52 week period ending May 29, 1999. Total sales for the year, excluding the extra week this year increased 11.4 per cent. Comparative stores for the twelve month increased 2.2 per cent. Net income was $6,971,000 or $.16 per share compared with net income of $5,886,000 or $.13 per share last year. Net sales for the quarter ended June 3, 2000 (14 weeks) were $526,238,000, compared with sales of $446,086,000 for prior year 13 week period ended May 29, 1999. The net sales for the additional fourteenth week were $32,500,000. Total sales for the quarter, excluding the extra week, increased 10.7 per cent. During the fourth quarter, comparative store sales increased .1 per cent. For comprehensive financial information please visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020