ITALY: Expansion planned as Cavalli renews licensing deal
An expansion programme that will see the opening of a further 180 Roberto Cavalli stores is the result of a renewed licensing agreement between the Italian fashion designer and Staff International.
Cavalli has extended its license agreement with OTB Group's Staff International for the Just Cavalli brand for a further ten years, with a five-year renewal option, it revealed today (25 March).
The key terms of the license are unchanged and include global exclusivity for design development, and the production and distribution for all men's and women's Just Cavalli product categories such as apparel, bags, footwear and accessories, via three key channels: retail, wholesale and e-commerce.
Ubaldo Minelli, CEO of Staff International, however, said the development plan for the next five years will include a programme of new openings in the main international cities - such as a London flagship store - for a total of 180 mono-brand stores, either directly operated or franchised.
"After just two years of partnership, the Just Cavalli brand is present in 80 countries, with a wholesale distribution in over 1,100 customers, and a retail network of 42 mono-brand points of sale worldwide, including two flagship stores in Milan and New York," said Minelli.
He added that importance will also be placed on developing the brand's e-commerce business which, over the last two years, has seen "significant growth".
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Athletic players well positioned amid disruption
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields