USA: Exponent Gets Extra Cash For Army Combat Uniform
Engineering and scientific consulting firm Exponent Inc on Wednesday announced it had been awarded a further $400,000 of funding to develop a revolutionary combat uniform for the US Army. The California-based company is developing a uniform with a five-layered system composed of an under layer, battle-wear layer, chemical/biological protective layer, insulation layer, and a cold/wet protective outer layer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands