INDIA: Exporters Set Up Knitwear Brand Promotion Panel
A committee consisting of knitwear manufacturers and garment exporters has been formed by the Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA) to prepare a project outline for brand promotion for knitted garments. It is expected to finalise a project outline by next month-end, according to TEA sources.Participating companies will be expected to comply with standards that will be imposed by the committee, such as business codes of conduct, and may be expected to adopt specific production systems.The National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad, has already prepared an action plan for the brand building exercise and the NID, in association with TEA and UNIDO, has set a nine-stage brand promotion exercise. It hopes to launch the Tirupur brand within two to three years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022