INDIA: Exporters Set Up Knitwear Brand Promotion Panel
A committee consisting of knitwear manufacturers and garment exporters has been formed by the Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA) to prepare a project outline for brand promotion for knitted garments. It is expected to finalise a project outline by next month-end, according to TEA sources.Participating companies will be expected to comply with standards that will be imposed by the committee, such as business codes of conduct, and may be expected to adopt specific production systems.The National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad, has already prepared an action plan for the brand building exercise and the NID, in association with TEA and UNIDO, has set a nine-stage brand promotion exercise. It hopes to launch the Tirupur brand within two to three years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar