INDIA: Exporters Set Up Knitwear Brand Promotion Panel
A committee consisting of knitwear manufacturers and garment exporters has been formed by the Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA) to prepare a project outline for brand promotion for knitted garments. It is expected to finalise a project outline by next month-end, according to TEA sources.Participating companies will be expected to comply with standards that will be imposed by the committee, such as business codes of conduct, and may be expected to adopt specific production systems.The National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad, has already prepared an action plan for the brand building exercise and the NID, in association with TEA and UNIDO, has set a nine-stage brand promotion exercise. It hopes to launch the Tirupur brand within two to three years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective