VIETNAM: Exports Up 4.97 Per Cent In First Nine Months
Vietnam's textile and garment exports rose 4.97 per cent year-on-year to $1,372m in the first nine months of this year. The national Vietnam Textile and Garment Corporation contributed $365m, 17.3 per cent more than last year. The corporation met in Ho Chi Minh City last week to discuss its US export strategy for 2000-2010. Initial steps taken to boost exports to the US included setting up liaison offices in New York and organising tours of the US market and meetings among Vietnamese business people and US exporters in Vietnam and the US. Newly approved production and to waste water treatment projects, using ODA sources from China, Japan, Spain, Germany, France and the Netherlands, are also under way. The corporation said it would establish more joint ventures with foreign investors and exporters, all aimed at increasing textile and garment exports to the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing