VIETNAM: Exports Up 4.97 Per Cent In First Nine Months
Vietnam's textile and garment exports rose 4.97 per cent year-on-year to $1,372m in the first nine months of this year. The national Vietnam Textile and Garment Corporation contributed $365m, 17.3 per cent more than last year. The corporation met in Ho Chi Minh City last week to discuss its US export strategy for 2000-2010. Initial steps taken to boost exports to the US included setting up liaison offices in New York and organising tours of the US market and meetings among Vietnamese business people and US exporters in Vietnam and the US. Newly approved production and to waste water treatment projects, using ODA sources from China, Japan, Spain, Germany, France and the Netherlands, are also under way. The corporation said it would establish more joint ventures with foreign investors and exporters, all aimed at increasing textile and garment exports to the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar