VIETNAM: Exports Up 4.97 Per Cent In First Nine Months
Vietnam's textile and garment exports rose 4.97 per cent year-on-year to $1,372m in the first nine months of this year. The national Vietnam Textile and Garment Corporation contributed $365m, 17.3 per cent more than last year. The corporation met in Ho Chi Minh City last week to discuss its US export strategy for 2000-2010. Initial steps taken to boost exports to the US included setting up liaison offices in New York and organising tours of the US market and meetings among Vietnamese business people and US exporters in Vietnam and the US. Newly approved production and to waste water treatment projects, using ODA sources from China, Japan, Spain, Germany, France and the Netherlands, are also under way. The corporation said it would establish more joint ventures with foreign investors and exporters, all aimed at increasing textile and garment exports to the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020