VIETNAM: Exports Up 4.97 Per Cent In First Nine Months
Vietnam's textile and garment exports rose 4.97 per cent year-on-year to $1,372m in the first nine months of this year. The national Vietnam Textile and Garment Corporation contributed $365m, 17.3 per cent more than last year. The corporation met in Ho Chi Minh City last week to discuss its US export strategy for 2000-2010. Initial steps taken to boost exports to the US included setting up liaison offices in New York and organising tours of the US market and meetings among Vietnamese business people and US exporters in Vietnam and the US. Newly approved production and to waste water treatment projects, using ODA sources from China, Japan, Spain, Germany, France and the Netherlands, are also under way. The corporation said it would establish more joint ventures with foreign investors and exporters, all aimed at increasing textile and garment exports to the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022