USA: EZsize Acquires Competitor SizeMe.com
EZsize, the proprietary smart-sizing service that launched only this Summer, has acquired competitor SizeMe.com for an undisclosed amount.SizeMe.com was the developer of an online technology that generated size and fit recommendations to customers of online apparel retailers. As part of the agreement, Peter Rothschild, the co-founder of SizeMe.com, will join EZsize's senior management team as vice president of business development. The news comes just a week after EZsize announced that it would be working with numerous leading retailers, such as Saks, Ann Taylor, and Esprit de Corp to incorporate the fitting service into the retailers' online, catalogue and in-store channels.EZsize claims that it can help retailers to recoup some of the $4bn of lost revenue brought about by the apparel industry's current 24 per cent return rate.The company's proprietary smart-sizing service measures an individual's body size and then matches it with an extensive database of clothing sizes and styles from the apparel industry's leading retailers and manufacturers.EZsize is backed by Clayton, Dubilier & Rice's Grosvenor Street Partners III, senior executives of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, and Leucadia Investment.For more information, visit the company's website
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack