USA: EZsize Acquires Competitor SizeMe.com
EZsize, the proprietary smart-sizing service that launched only this Summer, has acquired competitor SizeMe.com for an undisclosed amount.SizeMe.com was the developer of an online technology that generated size and fit recommendations to customers of online apparel retailers. As part of the agreement, Peter Rothschild, the co-founder of SizeMe.com, will join EZsize's senior management team as vice president of business development. The news comes just a week after EZsize announced that it would be working with numerous leading retailers, such as Saks, Ann Taylor, and Esprit de Corp to incorporate the fitting service into the retailers' online, catalogue and in-store channels.EZsize claims that it can help retailers to recoup some of the $4bn of lost revenue brought about by the apparel industry's current 24 per cent return rate.The company's proprietary smart-sizing service measures an individual's body size and then matches it with an extensive database of clothing sizes and styles from the apparel industry's leading retailers and manufacturers.EZsize is backed by Clayton, Dubilier & Rice's Grosvenor Street Partners III, senior executives of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, and Leucadia Investment.For more information, visit the company's website
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar