INDIA: Fabria Forges Alliances With Indian Textile Majors
Fabria, a New York City-based Internet company, today announced the formal launch of its India operations. Fabria provides textile buyers with an end-to-end solution for the sourcing of material from suppliers worldwide. The event was kicked off by Fabria's vice chairman, David Tracy, at a press conference held in Mumbai. Fabria also announced its strategic alliances with solution providers I2 and PlanetAsia to develop cutting-edge B2B marketplace and supply chain solutions for the global textile and apparel industries. Indian mills already committed to Fabria's marketplace include: Arvind Mills, India's largest denim manufacturer; Grasim Industries, part of $2.3bn Aditya Birla conglomerate; Nahar Group, one of India's largest yarn exporters with an installed capacity of over 400,000 spindles; Gokaldas Images, one of India's largest garment manufacturers; Dhar Industries, the complete composite mill from ginning to garmenting; Madura Garments; Malwa; Parasrampuria and others."I am delighted to be a part of what could be a historic time for the global soft-goods industries. Fabria's proprietary sourcing and supply chain technology, coupled with its key partnerships with leading systems integrator, PlanetAsia, and worldwide B2B markets solutions provider, I2, has the potential to revolutionise this industry. We are honored to have the Indian textile industry joining us to be a part of this revolution," said David Tracy, vice chairman of Fabria, Inc."We have been very impressed by Fabria, its team and its execution strategy, and pleased to be one of the early members on the Fabria marketplace," said Sanjay Lalbhai, MD of Arvind Mills, one of the largest denim manufacturers in the world.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts