UK: Fabric Firm ILS Promotions Opens Sri Lanka Call Centre
Set up by Bradford, West Yorkshire-based ILS Promotions, Click Communications operates from Colombo, Sri Lanka where owner Sanjay Penerrera is able to save at least 50 per cent on the cost of UK premises and HR overheads.
The firm employs 16 call centre operatives, who place 2500 calls per day over a single 128kbps unmanaged Internet link to the UK. Standard telephone handsets of the call centre staff are plugged directly into the Tenor A800' intelligent VoIP switch from the Techland Group. Calls are terminated at Telehouse in London by a Quintum Tenor CMS carrier-class VoIP switch and are forwarded to the caller over low-cost PSTN lines.
Such is the success with which business is being expanded, that Click Communications expects to increase its call centre operators by a factor of at least 10 times within a few months.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective