US: Fabric mills embrace yarns for stretch denim
Jean of cotton, Tencel and Lycra dualFX fabric from Tejidos Royo's MeSu collection
By combining Invista's patented Lycra dualFX fabric technology with Lenzing's Tencel fibre, the two companies say they have overcome many of the challenges faced by mills in developing stretch cellulosic fabrics. The combination also builds on the growing popularity of both fibres in the denim market.
The Lycra dualFX fabric technology combines two stretch fibres into a single yarn, and adding Tencel to the mix helps overcome problems like fabric recovery and seam slippage.
"We're pleased to see how the value chain is embracing this concept," said Jean Hegedus, global denim director for Invista. "These fabrics really address the consumer's need for soft, luxurious denim that performs and keeps its shape, wash after wash, and wear after wear."
Among the new styles being showcased are the MeSu line from Tejidos Royo of Spain, and the Suprelast our collection from Textil Santanderina of Spain. Orta of Turkey, along with Central Fabrics and Prosperity from North Asia, have also embraced the fibre combination.
Invista has settled a lawsuit in China related to the alleged theft and infringement by a local engineer of trade secrets related to its purified terephthalic acid (PTA) technology....
This report contains information, analysis and valuable insight on some of the latest product developments and innovations in the home textiles market, including bedding products, fabrics and yarns fo...
An innovative new pocketing fabric has been developed using Lenzing's Tencel fibre, which is said to take pocketing and waistbanding "to a new era with softness, strength and sustainability."...
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textile sector, including acquisitions, divestments and mergers, business news, financial results, investments ...
Invista has developed a new Lycra fibre produced with a renewable bio-based raw material derived from corn....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
Fibre maker Invista has renewed its joint venture agreement with Solvay to manufacture adiponitrile (ADN), which is used to produce nylon 6,6 intermediates....
The third edition examines, in depth, the strategies of the world's leading technical textiles companies, and analyses the major changes to the industry brought about by the ongoing financial crisis o...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change