US: Fabric mills embrace yarns for stretch denim
Jean of cotton, Tencel and Lycra dualFX fabric from Tejidos Royo's MeSu collection
By combining Invista's patented Lycra dualFX fabric technology with Lenzing's Tencel fibre, the two companies say they have overcome many of the challenges faced by mills in developing stretch cellulosic fabrics. The combination also builds on the growing popularity of both fibres in the denim market.
The Lycra dualFX fabric technology combines two stretch fibres into a single yarn, and adding Tencel to the mix helps overcome problems like fabric recovery and seam slippage.
"We're pleased to see how the value chain is embracing this concept," said Jean Hegedus, global denim director for Invista. "These fabrics really address the consumer's need for soft, luxurious denim that performs and keeps its shape, wash after wash, and wear after wear."
Among the new styles being showcased are the MeSu line from Tejidos Royo of Spain, and the Suprelast our collection from Textil Santanderina of Spain. Orta of Turkey, along with Central Fabrics and Prosperity from North Asia, have also embraced the fibre combination.
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textile sector, including acquisitions, divestments and mergers, business news, financial results, investments ...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
Moisture management is the process of transporting moisture in the form of perspiration away from the skin to the outer surface of a fabric or garment where it can evaporate....
Oeko-Tex has introduced its new online platform that will enable brands, retailers and manufacturers to track and manage the sustainability of their supply chains to the US....
The third edition examines, in depth, the strategies of the world's leading technical textiles companies, and analyses the major changes to the industry brought about by the ongoing financial crisis o...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Cambodia garment workers campaign for higher wages
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Child labour products still entering US from China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020