US: Fabric mills embrace yarns for stretch denim
Jean of cotton, Tencel and Lycra dualFX fabric from Tejidos Royo's MeSu collection
By combining Invista's patented Lycra dualFX fabric technology with Lenzing's Tencel fibre, the two companies say they have overcome many of the challenges faced by mills in developing stretch cellulosic fabrics. The combination also builds on the growing popularity of both fibres in the denim market.
The Lycra dualFX fabric technology combines two stretch fibres into a single yarn, and adding Tencel to the mix helps overcome problems like fabric recovery and seam slippage.
"We're pleased to see how the value chain is embracing this concept," said Jean Hegedus, global denim director for Invista. "These fabrics really address the consumer's need for soft, luxurious denim that performs and keeps its shape, wash after wash, and wear after wear."
Among the new styles being showcased are the MeSu line from Tejidos Royo of Spain, and the Suprelast our collection from Textil Santanderina of Spain. Orta of Turkey, along with Central Fabrics and Prosperity from North Asia, have also embraced the fibre combination.
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textiles sector, including acquisitions, divestments and mergers, business news, investments, joint ventures, a...
Synopsis Canadean's "CALIDA Holding AG - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major product...
Pakistan-based denim supplier Artistic Fabric Mills (AFM) has developed a collection of stretch denim fabrics that offer high elasticity and superior recovery and are, it says, tested to guarantee les...
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals