KOREA: Fabric Quality Appeals To Chinese Manufacturers
The fast growing Korean textile industry sees neighbouring China as a major outlet for its wares according to Jeon Dong-Soo, director of the Korea Textile Converters Association and the man responsible for stage-managing Korea's presence at the forthcoming Intertextile exhibition due to take place in Shanghai in October. With 360 square metres of display area, the Korean pavilion will be one of the largest of the international exhibits ― other participating nations will include France, Germany, Italy and the UK. "We will be showing predominantly apparel fabrics, although our members' ranges will include a newly developed bonding textile," says Mr Dong-Soo. He expects that the Korean ranges, part of their national corporate display, will be of particular interest to garment manufacturers based in the south east of China, the most prosperous region business-wise. "To such customers we will be selling on the basis of quality rather than price, building on the reputation which Korean textiles already enjoy in China," he says.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts