KOREA: Fabric Quality Appeals To Chinese Manufacturers
The fast growing Korean textile industry sees neighbouring China as a major outlet for its wares according to Jeon Dong-Soo, director of the Korea Textile Converters Association and the man responsible for stage-managing Korea's presence at the forthcoming Intertextile exhibition due to take place in Shanghai in October. With 360 square metres of display area, the Korean pavilion will be one of the largest of the international exhibits ― other participating nations will include France, Germany, Italy and the UK. "We will be showing predominantly apparel fabrics, although our members' ranges will include a newly developed bonding textile," says Mr Dong-Soo. He expects that the Korean ranges, part of their national corporate display, will be of particular interest to garment manufacturers based in the south east of China, the most prosperous region business-wise. "To such customers we will be selling on the basis of quality rather than price, building on the reputation which Korean textiles already enjoy in China," he says.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022