KOREA: Fabric Quality Appeals To Chinese Manufacturers
The fast growing Korean textile industry sees neighbouring China as a major outlet for its wares according to Jeon Dong-Soo, director of the Korea Textile Converters Association and the man responsible for stage-managing Korea's presence at the forthcoming Intertextile exhibition due to take place in Shanghai in October. With 360 square metres of display area, the Korean pavilion will be one of the largest of the international exhibits ― other participating nations will include France, Germany, Italy and the UK. "We will be showing predominantly apparel fabrics, although our members' ranges will include a newly developed bonding textile," says Mr Dong-Soo. He expects that the Korean ranges, part of their national corporate display, will be of particular interest to garment manufacturers based in the south east of China, the most prosperous region business-wise. "To such customers we will be selling on the basis of quality rather than price, building on the reputation which Korean textiles already enjoy in China," he says.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020