KOREA: Fabric Quality Appeals To Chinese Manufacturers
The fast growing Korean textile industry sees neighbouring China as a major outlet for its wares according to Jeon Dong-Soo, director of the Korea Textile Converters Association and the man responsible for stage-managing Korea's presence at the forthcoming Intertextile exhibition due to take place in Shanghai in October. With 360 square metres of display area, the Korean pavilion will be one of the largest of the international exhibits ― other participating nations will include France, Germany, Italy and the UK. "We will be showing predominantly apparel fabrics, although our members' ranges will include a newly developed bonding textile," says Mr Dong-Soo. He expects that the Korean ranges, part of their national corporate display, will be of particular interest to garment manufacturers based in the south east of China, the most prosperous region business-wise. "To such customers we will be selling on the basis of quality rather than price, building on the reputation which Korean textiles already enjoy in China," he says.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar