USA: Fabrics Retailer Jo-Ann Celebrates Profit Leap
Jo-Ann Stores Inc, a leading retailer of fabrics and crafts, on Tuesday posted a 74 per cent leap in fourth quarter earnings, compared to the year-ago period. The Ohio-based company, which operates around 1,000 stores, said in a statement seasonal net sales rose slightly to $498.2 million, while earnings grew to $23m, or $1.22 a share, compared to $13.2m, or 72 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter. Same-store sales grew more than seven per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack