US: FaceCake launches “3D virtual dressing room”
A new 3D virtual dressing room allowing shoppers to “try on” limitless apparel and accessories has been launched by FaceCake Marketing Technologies.
Swivel, which was showcased in Microsoft’s booth at Computex 2012, uses a patented Mirror Image Marketing System and real-time image processing technology.
According to FaceCake, the application allows shoppers to virtually try a single article of clothing, or an entire outfit with accessories, viewing their “new look” from different angles in real time.
They can also add backdrops and environments, and shop with friends via social media integration.
“In our mission to continually create innovative-driven, augmented retail try-on solutions, we are enthusiastic about the opportunity for retailers to extend traditional dressing room features with Swivel,” said FaceCake founder and CEO Linda Smith.
Fashion retailer New Look has posted a 3.7% increase in UK like-for-like sales over the Christmas period, and says it remains confident the "positive momentum" can be maintained....
Value fashion retailer New Look has today (20 November) seen its half-year profits rise 25.2% despite a decline in sales....
Value fashion retailer New Look has moved to reassure suppliers over its financial position after reports surfaced last week suggesting it was poised to enter administration....
- When will Gap get back on track?
- Software solutions enhance speed and visibility
- Portugal footwear makers underpin industry growth
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Bangladesh factory safety progressing slowly
- Q1 apparel results in brief: Brown Shoe Co, Belk
- China to reduce apparel import taxes
- Indonesian textile sector sees 6,000 lay-offs
- Vietnam garment staff return after faintings
- New black dye meets sustainability standards