US: FaceCake launches “3D virtual dressing room”
A new 3D virtual dressing room allowing shoppers to “try on” limitless apparel and accessories has been launched by FaceCake Marketing Technologies.
Swivel, which was showcased in Microsoft’s booth at Computex 2012, uses a patented Mirror Image Marketing System and real-time image processing technology.
According to FaceCake, the application allows shoppers to virtually try a single article of clothing, or an entire outfit with accessories, viewing their “new look” from different angles in real time.
They can also add backdrops and environments, and shop with friends via social media integration.
“In our mission to continually create innovative-driven, augmented retail try-on solutions, we are enthusiastic about the opportunity for retailers to extend traditional dressing room features with Swivel,” said FaceCake founder and CEO Linda Smith.
Fashion retailer New Look has posted a 3.7% increase in UK like-for-like sales over the Christmas period, and says it remains confident the "positive momentum" can be maintained....
Value fashion retailer New Look has today (20 November) seen its half-year profits rise 25.2% despite a decline in sales....
Value fashion retailer New Look has moved to reassure suppliers over its financial position after reports surfaced last week suggesting it was poised to enter administration....
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Shanghai Challenge buys stake in Masood Textile