US: FaceCake launches “3D virtual dressing room”
A new 3D virtual dressing room allowing shoppers to “try on” limitless apparel and accessories has been launched by FaceCake Marketing Technologies.
Swivel, which was showcased in Microsoft’s booth at Computex 2012, uses a patented Mirror Image Marketing System and real-time image processing technology.
According to FaceCake, the application allows shoppers to virtually try a single article of clothing, or an entire outfit with accessories, viewing their “new look” from different angles in real time.
They can also add backdrops and environments, and shop with friends via social media integration.
“In our mission to continually create innovative-driven, augmented retail try-on solutions, we are enthusiastic about the opportunity for retailers to extend traditional dressing room features with Swivel,” said FaceCake founder and CEO Linda Smith.
Fashion retailer New Look has posted a 3.7% increase in UK like-for-like sales over the Christmas period, and says it remains confident the "positive momentum" can be maintained....
Value fashion retailer New Look has today (20 November) seen its half-year profits rise 25.2% despite a decline in sales....
Value fashion retailer New Look has moved to reassure suppliers over its financial position after reports surfaced last week suggesting it was poised to enter administration....
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Banana Republic taps former J Crew designer
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects