KENYA: Factory fire death toll rises to 13
The death toll from a fire tragedy at Barot Agencies chemicals and textile factory in Nairobi on Saturday has risen to 13 after three more bodies were recovered from the wreckage.
Kenyan newspaper The Nation reported that police were holding two company directors at the Embakasi station for questioning in connection with the tragedy, but that they might be released to attend the burial some of their relatives who died in the fire.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective