SRI LANKA: Factory Investments Create Jobs For Young
Garment factories have been set up at Hasalaka and Ududumbara in Sri Lanka, creating employment opportunities for 700 young people. The first of the two factories is Top Source at Kolangoda, Dehangama Village in Hasalaka, while the other is Broadway Apparels at Ududumbara. Rs25m has been invested in the factory at Hasalaka, providing job opportunities for 265 people. The second stage of this factory will cost Rs.1m, generating job opportunities for a further 415. The Ududumbara factory employs 415 and it's initial investment is Rs20m. With an investment of Rs12m in the second stage, it will provide 250 more jobs.The government of Sri Lanka has taken steps to grant special concessions to investors who would invest in projects in difficult, rural areas in order to provide employment opportunities to the rural youth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing