SRI LANKA: Factory Investments Create Jobs For Young
Garment factories have been set up at Hasalaka and Ududumbara in Sri Lanka, creating employment opportunities for 700 young people. The first of the two factories is Top Source at Kolangoda, Dehangama Village in Hasalaka, while the other is Broadway Apparels at Ududumbara. Rs25m has been invested in the factory at Hasalaka, providing job opportunities for 265 people. The second stage of this factory will cost Rs.1m, generating job opportunities for a further 415. The Ududumbara factory employs 415 and it's initial investment is Rs20m. With an investment of Rs12m in the second stage, it will provide 250 more jobs.The government of Sri Lanka has taken steps to grant special concessions to investors who would invest in projects in difficult, rural areas in order to provide employment opportunities to the rural youth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020