BANGLADESH: Fakir Fashion deploys SewEasy
Bangladeshi garment maker Fakir Fashion has deployed the SewEasy system to help improve efficiency and productivity.
A combination of the SewEasy Actual SMV Calculation System - which calculates standard minute values - and industrial engineering (work study) methodologies in sewing room management are intended to contribute to the company's overall competitiveness.
Fakir Fashion makes knitted garments, with over 200 lines and plans for a major expansion in 2013. Customers include H&M, C&A, Tom Tailor and Mexx.
Hemantha Kumara, general manager of Sri Lanka based SewEasy, says the tool helps users benefit from apparel industry best practices, gain visibility, establish key performance indicators, achieve benchmarks and increase profits.
Automating the work study functions also means labour content and costs are immediately available for line planning, helping to balance workflow and improve efficiency.
Apparel supply giant Li & Fung has emphasised China's enduring importance as a sourcing destination, noting that the country continues to play a key role for both importers and retailers....
Fashion retailer H&M is looking to source clothing from Ethiopia as it looks to expand its supply chain to new countries that can support its growth....
Top stories on just-style this week include: Li & Fung's continued focus on sourcing from China, a meeting to discuss compensation for victims of the recent Bangladesh tragedies has been delayed, and ...
As part of efforts to reduce its water usage, European clothing retailer C&A has announced a partnership with the Water Footprint Network. ...
Clothing retailer H&M has recorded a 9% year-on-year increase in July sales, as comparable sales slipped 1% over the month. ...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects