BANGLADESH: Fakir Fashion deploys SewEasy
Bangladeshi garment maker Fakir Fashion has deployed the SewEasy system to help improve efficiency and productivity.
A combination of the SewEasy Actual SMV Calculation System - which calculates standard minute values - and industrial engineering (work study) methodologies in sewing room management are intended to contribute to the company's overall competitiveness.
Hemantha Kumara, general manager of Sri Lanka based SewEasy, says the tool helps users benefit from apparel industry best practices, gain visibility, establish key performance indicators, achieve benchmarks and increase profits.
Automating the work study functions also means labour content and costs are immediately available for line planning, helping to balance workflow and improve efficiency.
Apparel supply giant Li & Fung has emphasised China's enduring importance as a sourcing destination, noting that the country continues to play a key role for both importers and retailers....
Fashion retailer H&M is looking to source clothing from Ethiopia as it looks to expand its supply chain to new countries that can support its growth....
Top stories on just-style this week include: Li & Fung's continued focus on sourcing from China, a meeting to discuss compensation for victims of the recent Bangladesh tragedies has been delayed, and ...
As part of efforts to reduce its water usage, European clothing retailer C&A has announced a partnership with the Water Footprint Network. ...
Clothing retailer H&M has recorded a 9% year-on-year increase in July sales, as comparable sales slipped 1% over the month. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015