BANGLADESH: Fakir Fashion deploys SewEasy
Bangladeshi garment maker Fakir Fashion has deployed the SewEasy system to help improve efficiency and productivity.
A combination of the SewEasy Actual SMV Calculation System - which calculates standard minute values - and industrial engineering (work study) methodologies in sewing room management are intended to contribute to the company's overall competitiveness.
Hemantha Kumara, general manager of Sri Lanka based SewEasy, says the tool helps users benefit from apparel industry best practices, gain visibility, establish key performance indicators, achieve benchmarks and increase profits.
Automating the work study functions also means labour content and costs are immediately available for line planning, helping to balance workflow and improve efficiency.
Apparel supply giant Li & Fung has emphasised China's enduring importance as a sourcing destination, noting that the country continues to play a key role for both importers and retailers....
Fashion retailer H&M is looking to source clothing from Ethiopia as it looks to expand its supply chain to new countries that can support its growth....
Top stories on just-style this week include: Li & Fung's continued focus on sourcing from China, a meeting to discuss compensation for victims of the recent Bangladesh tragedies has been delayed, and ...
As part of efforts to reduce its water usage, European clothing retailer C&A has announced a partnership with the Water Footprint Network. ...
Clothing retailer H&M has recorded a 9% year-on-year increase in July sales, as comparable sales slipped 1% over the month. ...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts