AUSTRIA: Falling prices weigh on Lenzing FY forecast
Cellulosic fibre producer The Lenzing Group has reaffirmed its full-year guidance but says it expects to come in at the lower end of expectations because of a continuing decline in average fibre prices.
The Austrian company, which makes the Tencel and Modal brands, said consolidated sales fell 1.5% in the first nine months of the year to EUR1.57bn.
However, while fibre shipment volumes rose by 12% year-on-year, average selling prices declined by about 11%.
Profit for the period dropped 28.8% to EUR155.1m, down from EUR217.9m in a year earlier.
"In spite of the difficult market conditions, we were able to achieve record sales of 590,000 tons of fibres in the first three quarters of 2012 against the backdrop of the full utilisation of our production capacities," said CEO Peter Untersperger.
The company expects consolidated sales in a range of EUR2.1bn to EUR2.15bn, with EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation) of EUR350-400m.
Fibre business Lenzing Group saw reductions in full-year net profit and sales in a "difficult" market environment, despite a good performance from its Tencel speciality fibre....
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textiles sector, including acquisitions, business news, financial results, investments and market forecasts....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Companies continue to call for US trade commitment
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead