US: Family Dollar appoints supply chain executive
US retailer Family Dollar Stores has appointed Brian Hancock to the role of senior vice president of supply chain.
Prior to joining Family Dollar, Hancock served as president-North American division for The Martin-Brower Co, the largest supplier of food and materials to McDonald's, where he was responsible for all strategic and operational functions.
Prior to that, he served as vice president of global supply chain for Whirlpool.
Family Dollar Names Brian D. Hancock, Senior Vice President-Supply Chain
03/24/2014 MATTHEWS, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) today announced that it has named Brian D. Hancock to the position of Senior Vice President-Supply Chain. Mr. Hancock will report to Howard R. Levine, Chairman and CEO.
"Since we opened our first store in 1959, our focus has been on providing our customers with great value and convenience. In today's competitive retail environment, building an efficient, end-to-end supply chain is critical to providing our customers with the compelling values they have come to rely on Family Dollar to deliver," said Family Dollar Chairman and CEO, Howard R. Levine. "With Brian's diverse and extensive background in merchandising, logistics and strategic planning, I know his expertise will help our team achieve our current and future growth initiatives."
Prior to joining to Family Dollar, Mr. Hancock served as President-North American division for The Martin-Brower Company, L.L.C., the largest supplier of food and materials to McDonald's restaurants worldwide, where he was responsible for all strategic and operational functions in North America. Previous to that, he served as Vice President-Global Supply Chain for Whirlpool, Inc. Mr. Hancock also held various positions with Schneider National, a privately held transportation and logistics leader. Mr. Hancock holds a master's degree in business from Virginia Commonwealth University.
About Family Dollar
Beginning with one store in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1959, the Company currently operates more than 8,100 stores in 46 states. Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 300 company, is based in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte and is a publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Original source: Family Dollar
Family Dollar stockholders have finally voted to approve the proposed merger with Dollar Tree....
Dollar Tree says it will need to divest around 300 stores if its acquisition of Family Dollar is to be approved....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)