US: Family Dollar appoints White as merchandising chief
Family Dollar has announced the appointment of Paul White as executive vice president and chief merchandising officer.
The company announced yesterday (19 December) that will be promoted from his current position as senior vice president of apparel, home and seasonal.
"Through Paul's leadership and strategic vision, Family Dollar has created a compelling mix of discretionary merchandise which has led to a more fun place to shop for our customers," said president and CEO Michael Bloom.
"Paul's promotion will help us continue to broaden our appeal and deliver greater value to our customers."
He was previously CEO of Goody's, where he led the company out of bankruptcy. He has also held roles at Shopko Stores and The May Department Stores Company.
Dorlisa Flur, vice chair of strategy and chief administrative officer of US retailer Family Dollar, will step down next month to pursue other interests....
US retailer Family Dollar has posted an 10.7% increase in profit for its second quarter, on the back of increased consumer traffic....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020