TAIWAN: Far Eastern Textile Issues GDRs, Invests $50m In China
Far Eastern Textile Ltd, a large manufacturer listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange, will issue global depositary receipts equivalent to 200 million new shares to raise NT$5-NT$6bn as funds for its planned merger activities. The company's board made the decision on the GDR issuance at a meeting held on Wednesday. The fund is aimed at providing the finance for the group to merge its domestic and overseas textile manufacturers with FarEasTone Telecommunications Co, Ltd, a local operator of mobile phone services of which Far Eastern Textile is the largest shareholder.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing