TAIWAN: Far Eastern Textile Issues GDRs, Invests $50m In China
Far Eastern Textile Ltd, a large manufacturer listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange, will issue global depositary receipts equivalent to 200 million new shares to raise NT$5-NT$6bn as funds for its planned merger activities. The company's board made the decision on the GDR issuance at a meeting held on Wednesday. The fund is aimed at providing the finance for the group to merge its domestic and overseas textile manufacturers with FarEasTone Telecommunications Co, Ltd, a local operator of mobile phone services of which Far Eastern Textile is the largest shareholder.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Bangladesh apparel sector faces up to challenges
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Gap working to rebuild and gain market share
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US Q4 in brief – American Eagle Outfitters
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- Myanmar forms new minimum wage committee
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022