TAIWAN: Far Eastern Textile Issues GDRs, Invests $50m In China
Far Eastern Textile Ltd, a large manufacturer listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange, will issue global depositary receipts equivalent to 200 million new shares to raise NT$5-NT$6bn as funds for its planned merger activities. The company's board made the decision on the GDR issuance at a meeting held on Wednesday. The fund is aimed at providing the finance for the group to merge its domestic and overseas textile manufacturers with FarEasTone Telecommunications Co, Ltd, a local operator of mobile phone services of which Far Eastern Textile is the largest shareholder.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"