USA: Far West And Umbro Terminate Transaction
Yesterday, Far West received notification from Umbro Canada Inc that they had decided not to continue with the proposed sale of Umbro Canada Inc to Far West Industries Inc pursuant to the letter of intent announced in a press release of August 25, 2000.This decision by Umbro comes subsequent to Far West advising them that Far West had received submissions from a group of shareholders representing a majority of the issued shares of the company and prior to a Far West Board meeting scheduled for today to discuss the proposed acquisition. The shareholders had expressed their opposition to the acquisition. "Although the Far West Board had not yet convened an official board meeting, it was the consensus of opinion by the directors of Far West that shareholder approval of the acquisition, which was a condition of closing, was unlikely to be obtained," said Gary Pratt, president of Far West.The board has also received expressions of interest from other companies providing strategic acquisition opportunities, which the board will consider and review in the near future.The corporation also announces the resignation of Russell A. Ker from the board of directors. Mr Ker has served on the Board since June 26, 1992 and as chairman of the board since 1995.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report