USA: Far West Reports Third Quarter Sales Up 15 Per Cent
Far West sales revenue increased 15 per cent to $3,682,486 for the third quarter ended September 30, 2000 compared to $3,199,514 last year. "Improved deliveries of snowboard apparel from our off-shore contractor enabled us to ship the majority of our products complete and on schedule to our North American dealers as well as distributors in Europe, Japan and Korea", said Gary Pratt, president. "This places the company in a better position to capture additional re-order business traditionally received in November and December." EBITDA for the period was $364,815 compared to $339,319 a year ago with net income of $207,977 ($.05 per share) compared to $187,576 ($.04 per share) last year.For the six months ending September 30, 2000 sales revenue was up by 12 per cent to $7,396,316 compared to $6,621,135 for the same period last year. The company reported a year to date loss of $204,475 ($.04 per share) compared to net income of $34,812 ($.01 per share) last year. The company recorded increased sales and administration expenses attributed to the uncompleted transaction with Umbro Canada Inc and the operation of the retail/distribution facility opened in Spokane, WA last October.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022