HONG KONG: Fashion Chain Giordano Posts FY Profit Fall
Leading fashion chain Giordano International Ltd on Thursday posted a 9.5 per cent slide in full-year profit to HK$341 million (US$43.7m) from HK$377m in the year-ago period despite higher sales. The firm, famous for its jeans and khakis, said turnover rose 3.1 per cent to HK$3.59 billion from HK$3.48bn on the back of strong sales in China, Hong Kong and Singapore, but said its profit fell on provisions for the closure of its German operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack