AUSTRALIA: Fashion Chain Guava Closes Its Doors
Up to 200 full and part-time shop assistants have been affected by the sudden closures which have affected the whole chain of around 50 stores across the country.
According to Australia's Daily Telegraph, senior management of Guava Clothing would not comment on the closure yesterday but staff had been told a significant downturn in profits had triggered the move.
The paper added that it is understood Guava Clothing's sister label Joi will continue operating.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective