UK: Fashion Chain New Look Doubles Profits
Leading UK budget fashion retailer New Look on Tuesday posted a 103.6 per cent year-on-year surge in annual pre-tax profits to £62.3 million and said it is enjoying a blistering start to the new fiscal year. The operator of around 500 stores said group sales jumped nearly 22 per cent to £572m from the year-ago period with like-for-like sales up 5.5 per cent. In the first eight weeks of the new year, UK like-for-like sales were up 10.6 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022