UK: Fashion Group Alexon Doubles H1 Profits
Fashion and footwear retailer Alexon on Tuesday celebrated a huge jump in first half pre-tax profit to £8.5 million from £3.9m in the year-ago period and said sales for the second half were on target. The company said in a statement sales climbed 8.7 per cent to £182.4m from £167.8m in the period, with same-store sales up 4.8 per cent and operating profit up 73 per cent to £9.9m from £5.7m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth