KOREA: Fashion Institute Values Sector At W18.4 Trillion
The Samsung Fashion Institute predicts that the domestic apparel market will grow by 3.2 per cent this year, compared to a growth of just 0.3 per cent in 2001. This will value the sector at 18.4 trillion won in total sales against a total of 17.8 trillion won last year. The institute estimates that the apparel market will be fuelled by a rise in consumption among high-income earners. It forecasts casual wear, and particularly jeans and denim products, to lead this growth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores