INDIA: Fashion retailer Shoppers Stop expands allocation tool
Indian fashion retailer Shoppers Stop is expanding its investment in software to help standardise allocation across its entire supply chain as part of growth plans for the business.
The department store chain has purchased additional licenses of the JDA Allocation tool to help strengthen the execution of its assortment strategies, achieve optimised store-specific size availability, and drive improved sales and customer satisfaction.
The move comes as the retailer is looking to expand its footprint across more locations, and follows an earlier investment in the JDA software last year.
The solution "helped us standardise the merchandise allocation method across the entire supply chain," said Govind Shrikhande, customer care associate and managing director, Shoppers Stop Ltd.
"After rolling out the software in phase one, we've seen a marked improvement in inventory turns, which has contributed significantly to the increase in sales at the chain level. Moreover, sales of specific product categories in smaller stores have gone up significantly.
"An even inventory distribution across store locations has reduced instances of over-stocking and inter-store transfers, thereby resulting in greater supply chain efficiencies.
"We strongly believe phase two of the implementation will further integrate our planning and assortment efforts, and lead to even fewer markdowns and better margins for the business."
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras