UK: Fast fashion suppliers sign up for sourcing event
Leading manufacturers from Europe, North Africa and the Middle East have been lined up for the next edition of fast-fashion sourcing event Fashion SVP, which takes place in London next month.
Now in its second edition, the show is designed to provide retail, brand and wholesale buyers in the UK and Europe with an opportunity to link up with reliable and high-quality new suppliers who can offer production on very short lead times compared with those based in the Far East.
Manufacturers will attend from "nearby" locations such as Romania, France, Spain, Italy, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Portugal, Latvia - as well as the UK.
A mix of both collections and private label garment and accessory manufacturers will take part.
"We are seeing a definite increase in the level of interest and confidence in the UK fashion industry," explains Ken Baber, Fashion SVP's show manager.
"The strength of the British pound, the launch of The British Fashion Council's 'Future of Fashion - Strategic Considerations for Growth' report, and also the eyes of the world focusing on the UK's summer of celebration have clearly attracted manufacturers from new countries to Fashion SVP. We're looking forward to really effective and useful event for senior buyers."
"The UK Fashion market has grown a lot recently," confirms Rita Norviliene, sales director at exhibitor Garlita in Lithuania. "We have noticed that more and more UK companies are looking for interesting products and they pay much more attention to quality."
And Boutaina Larini, general manager of Larinor in Morocco, adds the event offers a platform "to reach the UK markets and buyers which are a fresh and important to us."
Fashion SVP takes place from 23-25 September at Olympia West Hall in London. The show will run alongside the Off-Price Show for stock fashion. Click here for more information.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective