HONG KONG: Fast Retailing coy on Hong Kong listing
Uniqlo is rumoured to be looking at going public on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
Uniqlo has explored the possibility of listing in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Economic Journal, which cited market sources.
The report added that details of the listing have not been decided, including whether the listing will be under the Uniqlo name or its parent company Fast Retailing.
However a spokesperson for Fast Retailing told just-style it would not be commenting on "rumors or speculation."
Fast Retailing listed its shares on the Hiroshima Stock Exchange in 1994, which later merged into the Tokyo Stock Exchange in March 2000.
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
Japan's Fast Retailing, owner of the Uniqlo casual clothing brand, has reported a hike in third-quarter net profit, boosted by higher sales across all of its brands....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo is accelerating its expansion in the US by opening ten smaller format stores in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and California this autumn....
Japanese clothing chain Uniqlo opened its first two stores in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka today (5 July), offering locally-produced high quality clothing at affordable prices. ...
Fast Retailing today (2 July) said same store sales jumped in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during June on the back of strong demand for summer clothing....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include worker shortages holding clothing exports back in Laos, President Obama suspending US trade preferences for Bangladesh, and a comment on prospects...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket