HONG KONG: Fast Retailing coy on Hong Kong listing
Uniqlo is rumoured to be looking at going public on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
Uniqlo has explored the possibility of listing in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Economic Journal, which cited market sources.
The report added that details of the listing have not been decided, including whether the listing will be under the Uniqlo name or its parent company Fast Retailing.
However a spokesperson for Fast Retailing told just-style it would not be commenting on "rumors or speculation."
Fast Retailing listed its shares on the Hiroshima Stock Exchange in 1994, which later merged into the Tokyo Stock Exchange in March 2000.
Japan's Fast Retailing, owner of the Uniqlo casual clothing brand, has reported a hike in third-quarter net profit, boosted by higher sales across all of its brands....
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo is accelerating its expansion in the US by opening ten smaller format stores in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and California this autumn....
Japanese clothing chain Uniqlo opened its first two stores in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka today (5 July), offering locally-produced high quality clothing at affordable prices. ...
Fast Retailing today (2 July) said same store sales jumped in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during June on the back of strong demand for summer clothing....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include worker shortages holding clothing exports back in Laos, President Obama suspending US trade preferences for Bangladesh, and a comment on prospects...
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing is to introduce its GU, Comptoir des Cotonniers, Princesse tam.tam and PLST (plus T) clothing brands in China for the first time later this year....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include continuing protests in Cambodia over the sacking of garment workers, the news that apparel pricing edged up in May, and Tesco's decision to stop s...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019