JAPAN: Fast Retailing enjoys 17% 9-month sales growth
Clothing company Fast Retailing has reported a 17.4% jump in sales to JPY346.1bn (US$2.95bn) from JPY294.8 last year for the nine months ended in May.
Net profit, meanwhile, was up 32% to JPY35.7bn from JPY27.1m.
The company currently expects full-year net sales of JPY444.9bn, a 15.9% increase from last year, and net income of JPY40bn, an 18% increase.
Following its entry into the US market in Autumn 2005, the company is continuing preparations to open a large flagship store of around 3300 square metres in New York.
The company expects its US Uniqlo business to generate a loss of JPY1bn in the full year from costs connected with the new store.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fashion firm Fast Retailing said income and sales were up in the first quarter, but admitted its core Uniqlo business fell short of expectations because of aggressive discounting....
Fashion chain operator Fast Retailing is considering launching a new, higher-priced clothing line, reported Mainichi Shimbun....
Fashion firm Fast Retailing said it will take a 33.4% stake in shoe retailer View Co as it looks to widen its business offering....
Fast Retailing Co has opened its first shop for new lower-priced clothing line g.u. inside an outlet of supermarket chain Daiei Inc in Chiba Prefecture....
Better performance at its Uniqlo casual clothing chain have helped parent company Fast Retailing Co to a 19.3% rise in full year profits....
Fast Retailing's board of directors has decided against making an offer for retailer Giordano International....
Hong Kong-listed clothing retailer Giordano International has confirmed it has received bid interest from Japan's Fast Retailing, Asia's largest-listed garment seller and operator of the Uniqlo chain....
Top Asian apparel company Fast Retailing is interested in buying a stake in retailer Giordano International, reports said....
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar