JAPAN: Fast Retailing Enjoys June Sales Growth
Store chain giant Fast Retailing Co has announced a 13.7 per cent year-on-year same-store sales rise, on good sales of Body Tech inner sportswear and button-down shirts.
The increase compared to a 5.4 per cent drop in May, a 1.4 per cent drop in April, and a 15.2 per cent drop in March.
Sales at directly owned stores jumped 20.8 per cent year-on-year in June.
Fast, which operates the Uniqlo casual-clothing chain, said that a new governmental policy encouraging workers to dress more lightly had spurred on sales of its apparel during June.
Fast Retailing, which operates the Uniqlo chain of clothing stores, would consider making a US acquisition in order to boost its international operations, according to an interview cited by Asahi Shim...
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing is to buy French apparel firm Petit Vehicule, owner of the Princesse tam.tam brand and the second-largest lingerie chain in France....
Fast Retailing Co Ltd - which operates the Uniqlo casual clothing chain - has reported a 12.9 per cent sales rise to JPY383.97 billion for the year ended in August, falling short of its target revenue...
Casual clothing giant Fast Retailing Co has announced plans to spend between JPY300 billion and JPY400bn on mergers and acquisitions in the next three years....
Japanese company Fast Retailing Co says it will open its first three stores in South Korea on 2 September through joint venture FRL Korea Co....
Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain, has reported a 4.3 per cent drop in net profit for the nine-month period ended May 2005 due to slow sales and higher expenses....
Retail group Fast Retailing Co is likely to re-appoint Tadashi Yanai as president of the company from September 2005 at the earliest, Japanese News Digest reported....
Casual clothing chain Uniqlo has revealed plans to expand into the US with three New Jersey stores this autumn....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"