JAPAN: Fast Retailing eyes GU store expansion
Japanese fashion group Fast Retailing has revealed plans to open 200 GU stores by 2013.
The company currently has plans to open 25 shops that will bring its total number of stores to about 120 by the end of May.
It will launch a GU Kawasaki Dice Store in Tokyo tomorrow, its largest GU store to date at 860 square metres. The chain sells clothing and footwear items.
Looking at performance on a global market positioning basis, rather than geography, the last two years have been challenging for all global textile and clothing producers, as demand waned and customer...
One of the biggest retail success stories of the past decade has been the phenomenal rise of fast fashion, a shopping trend spurred by rapidly changing styles and the ready availability of cheap brand...
Uniqlo owner Fast Retailing said sales and operating income for the year to the end of August both rose in double digits thanks to a strong international performance....
Uniqlo will open its first store in Taiwan at the Uni-President Hankyu Department Store in Taipei, Taiwan, today (7 October), as part of its expansion efforts. ...
Japanese clothing retailer Uniqlo said its same-store sales decreased by 24.7% in September, as warm weather hit sales of fall collections. ...
Japanese retail giant Fast Retailing Co today (1 October) opened the first global flagship store of its Uniqlo casual clothing chain in Japan....
Fast Retailing Co has merged its large array of shoe brands under its Uniqlo umbrella aiming to make footwear the company's second-largest revenue source after apparel....
The hottest summer on record in Japan has wilted sales of autumn merchandise at the Uniqlo casual clothing chain, its owner Fast Retailing said today (2 September)....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020