JAPAN: Fast Retailing in double-digit FY sales hike
Uniqlo owner Fast Retailing said sales and operating income for the year to the end of August both rose in double digits thanks to a strong international performance.
The Japan-based business said net sales for Uniqlo Japan rose 12.5% in the year to JPY605.5bn, thanks to strong sales in the first half offset by a weaker performance in the second six months. Meanwhile, operating profit was up 17% to JPY129.5bn.
Uniqlo International nearly doubled its sales over the same period, with operating income surging up 293%, Fast Retailing said.
The company blamed unseasonably cool temperatures in early spring and a delayed demand for autumn clothing for its poor second half of trading in Japan.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Although more than two years have passed since the global economic crisis began, consumer spending on fashion remains tentative and selective. In 2011, retailers will be jostling for custom while high...
Japanese retail group Fast Retailing has posted a 25% dip in first-half net income after domestic demand for its winter products dipped. ...
Japanese retail group Fast Retailing saw total sales at its domestic Uniqlo stores fall 10.1% in March, impacted by the country's devastating earthquake and tsunami during the period. ...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack