JAPAN: Fast Retailing in property deal with Mitsui Fudosan
Fast Retailing has inked a deal with real estate developer Mitsui Fudosan to speed up its expansion in East Asia.
The company announced yesterday (24 August) that the agreement will build on the "strong partnership" the two companies have formed over many years, which has led to Uniqlo stores in Mutsui Fudosan shopping developments.
Mitsui Fudosan will share information about its development projects in advance, discuss the possibility of opening Uniqlo stores and standardise store formats in its malls. The two firms also plan to share development ideas for commercial complexes in East Asia as well as information on retail estate properties.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2011, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
Despite booking a 40% drop in fourth quarter profit as it battled higher costs, promotions and lower sales, US specialty retailer Gap Inc says it is moving in the right direction when it comes to impr...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has boosted its product team with the addition of former Nike and Uniqlo executives to its Gap and Old Navy teams....
Japanese retail giant Fast Retailing Co Ltd is to open its first Uniqlo casual clothing store in the Philippines later this year, to add to its growing presence in South East Asia....
Fast Retailing Co today (2 February) said same-store sales at its Uniqlo casual clothing stores in Japan rose 7.9% in January as cold weather boosted sales of winter clothing....
Japanese fashion retail giant Fast Retailing, owner of the Uniqlo brand, has lowered its full-year sales and earnings forecast, despite a surge in first quarter net profit....
Uniqlo today (5 January) said that December same-store sales in its Japanese stores "increased greatly" due to colder weather....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts