JAPAN: Fast Retailing launches joint venture in Thailand
The joint venture will launch a first Uniqlo Thailand store in the autumn of 2011, with more stores in the country to follow.
Since expanding into Asia in 2002, Uniqlo has rolled out a network of stores to China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan. As of February 2011, the chain was operating 132 stores across the region.
Mitsubishi has been developing a wide range of businesses in Thailand since 1954, investing in approximately 100 companies in fields including machinery, metals and food.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
While the goal for many clothing manufacturers and brands is to gain an international presence, there is a key risk associated with selling the same designs in different global markets - the more far ...
Uniqlo has blamed a drop in September same-store sales in Japan on hot weather, which stifled sales of its autumn winter lines....
Fast Retailing, operator of the Uniqlo casual-clothing chain, has outlined ambitious expansion plans to help it become the world's leading retailer by 2020 - including new factories to ramp up product...
Japan's Fast Retailing Co Ltd has named Makoto Hata as the new president and CEO of its Link Theory Japan subsidiary following the death of Chikara 'Ricky' Sasaki last month....
Clothing retailer Uniqlo has announced plans to open its two largest flagships in the world in New York during October....
Sporting goods giant Adidas has become the latest company to win praise from environmental pressure group Greenpeace for pledging to eliminate the release of hazardous chemicals throughout its supply ...
Uniqlo has announced plans to expand its All-Product Recycling scheme n its US, UK and French stores from 1 September....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts