JAPAN: Fast Retailing makes "significant" Q1 gains
Uniqlo's international division reported “significant” year-on-year gains
In the three months from September to November, net income increased by 8.8% to JPY41.8bn (US$398.5m). Consolidated net sales were up 22.3% to JPY389bn.
In the firm's Uniqlo operations, sales in Japan climbed 1.8% to JPY208.4bn, while operating income rose 6.2% to JPY42.4bn.
The international division reported "significant" year-on-year gains in both sales and income in the quarter, with sales expanding 76.8% to JPY114bn and operating income soaring 97% to JPY16.5bn.
The group's Global Brands segment performed in line with expectations with sales up 36.5% to JPY65.9bn and operating income increasing 9.2% to JPY6.8bn.
For the full year, Fast Retailing expects sales to expand by 15.7% to JPY1.32trn, and net income to increase 1.8% to JPY92bn, representing EPS of JPY902.88.
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Fast Retailing aspires to become the world’s largest clothing company by 2020. International expansion will be key to achieving this goal. While the company has successfully expanded in Asia, gaining ...
Uniqlo Singapore Pte Ltd strives to create world-class products of the highest quality. Its emphasis on quality led to various collaborations with companies such as TORAY to produce comfortable yet af...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020