JAPAN: Fast Retailing makes "significant" Q1 gains
Uniqlo's international division reported “significant” year-on-year gains
In the three months from September to November, net income increased by 8.8% to JPY41.8bn (US$398.5m). Consolidated net sales were up 22.3% to JPY389bn.
In the firm's Uniqlo operations, sales in Japan climbed 1.8% to JPY208.4bn, while operating income rose 6.2% to JPY42.4bn.
The international division reported "significant" year-on-year gains in both sales and income in the quarter, with sales expanding 76.8% to JPY114bn and operating income soaring 97% to JPY16.5bn.
The group's Global Brands segment performed in line with expectations with sales up 36.5% to JPY65.9bn and operating income increasing 9.2% to JPY6.8bn.
For the full year, Fast Retailing expects sales to expand by 15.7% to JPY1.32trn, and net income to increase 1.8% to JPY92bn, representing EPS of JPY902.88.
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Fast Retailing aspires to become the world’s largest clothing company by 2020. International expansion will be key to achieving this goal. While the company has successfully expanded in Asia, gaining ...
Uniqlo Singapore Pte Ltd strives to create world-class products of the highest quality. Its emphasis on quality led to various collaborations with companies such as TORAY to produce comfortable yet af...
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- TPP trade deal remains elusive but tantalising
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019