JAPAN: Fast Retailing makes "significant" Q1 gains
Uniqlo's international division reported “significant” year-on-year gains
In the three months from September to November, net income increased by 8.8% to JPY41.8bn (US$398.5m). Consolidated net sales were up 22.3% to JPY389bn.
In the firm's Uniqlo operations, sales in Japan climbed 1.8% to JPY208.4bn, while operating income rose 6.2% to JPY42.4bn.
The international division reported "significant" year-on-year gains in both sales and income in the quarter, with sales expanding 76.8% to JPY114bn and operating income soaring 97% to JPY16.5bn.
The group's Global Brands segment performed in line with expectations with sales up 36.5% to JPY65.9bn and operating income increasing 9.2% to JPY6.8bn.
For the full year, Fast Retailing expects sales to expand by 15.7% to JPY1.32trn, and net income to increase 1.8% to JPY92bn, representing EPS of JPY902.88.
Apparel Retail in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also co...
Apparel Retail in Indonesia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile als...
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts