JAPAN: Fast Retailing opens first Uniqlo flagship store
The store, in Osaka's Shinsaibashi shopping district, is the fifth global flagship and joins those in New York, London, Paris and Shanghai.
It covers a massive 2,640 square metres over four floors, and is intended to appeal as much to international shoppers as the domestic market. “Our first global flagship store in Japan will help us to share Uniqlo's message with everyone from Osaka to the world,” the company said.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Although more than two years have passed since the global economic crisis began, consumer spending on fashion remains tentative and selective. In 2011, retailers will be jostling for custom while high...
Indian apparel exporters have welcomed an agreement to boost trade with Japan, which was signed last week....
Japanese fashion group Fast Retailing reported that January 2011 same-store sales increased by 10.7% year on year. ...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective