JAPAN: Fast Retailing submits definitive offer for Barneys
This proposal was approved at an extraordinary board meeting held by Fast Retailing yesterday (30 July).
"Fast Retailing has a high regard for the Barneys brand and for its management and creative teams. Fast Retailing is committed to supporting Barneys' continued growth and unique position as one of the leading luxury department store brands in the world," the Uniqlo operator said today.
Its offer is conditioned on execution of a mutually acceptable purchase agreement.
The Japanese company submitted its initial US$900m bid for the chain earlier this month (5 July) - beating an $825m deal already inked with Dubai-based private equity house Istithmar.
Jones said at the time that it would begin talks with Fast Retailing but that the deal it had earlier inked with Istithmar had not been terminated and remained in "full force and effect". Its earlier deal with Istithmar has a break-up fee of $22.7m if the deal is ultimately called off, reported AP.
Fast Retailing currently operates 1,800 specialty stores in over 12 countries, with a portfolio of brands including Theory, Comptoir des Cotonniers, and Princesse tam.tam.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fast Retailing Co today (14 December) opens its first Uniqlo brand casualwear store in France, making this the fifth overseas market for the firm following the UK, China, South Korea and the US. The J...
Japan's biggest clothing retailer Fast Retailing Co, has reported an 8.7% rise in first quarter profit, boosted by strong sales of core winter products such as cashmere sweaters and down jackets....
As Fast Retailing continues its financial problems with subsidiaries that fail to match up to the performance of its Uniqlo label, the Japanese company says it is rebuilding operations at three such s...
Fast Retailing has reported today (4 January) that total sales at its Uniqlo fashion chain went up 11.9% in December 2007 compared to corresponding month in 2006....
Here is a list of the top ten stories published on just-style during the past year. To read the stories in full, please click on the headlines....
Uniqlo operator Fast Retailing has reported that November 2007 same-store sales increased by 3.2% year-on-year, while sales at direct-run stores increased by 9.3%....
Fast Retailing, parent company of clothing retailer Uniqlo, is still targeting an acquisition in the US to build a platform for the company's international business....
Japan's Uniqlo high street fashion chain has seen total sales rise by 10.7% during the month of October....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Bangladesh workers call for union registration
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective