US: Fast Retailing to buy majority stake in J Brand
The Japanese retailer will buy the 80.1% stake from J Brand management and private equity firm Star Revenue Capital. J Brand management will own the remaining interest.
Fast Retailing said the acquisition will strengthen its presence in the US market.
"Our planned acquisition will extend the Fast Retailing group's brand portfolio among the affordable luxury apparel category and strengthen our group's capability in the denim category," said Tadashi Yanai, chairman, president and CEO of Fast Retailing.
J Brand CEO Jeff Rudes added: "J Brand's proposed partnership with Fast Retailing has the potential to generate great expansion opportunities in all major markets around the world."
The transaction, which is subject to customary closing and regulatory approvals, is expected to close by the end of December. J Brand's existing management team will continue to operate the company.
J Brand was founded by Rudes in 2005. In 2010, Star Avenue Capital acquired a controlling interest in the company. The fashion brand reported net sales of US$124 last year.
Despite the global recession, e-commerce continues to buoy the bottom line for successful retailers....
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Uniqlo saw sales in its Japanese stores fall during April, as unseasonably cool weather impacted sales. ...
Hong Kong listed Luen Thai Holdings, one of the world's leading apparel manufacturing and supply chain services providers, has completed its US$55m acquisition of Singapore-based Ocean Sky Group....
Fast Retailing, the owner of Japanese casual clothing brand Uniqlo, has lifted its profit and sales forecasts for the current financial year after reporting double-digit gains in the first half....
Fast Retailing has attributed sales gains in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during March to consistently warm weather. ...
Casual clothing retailer Uniqlo has booked a 9.6% increase in Japanese same-store sales in February, driven by strong sales of winter apparel....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020