Retail group Fast Retailing Co is joining with Lotte Shopping Co to market its Uniqlo-branded casual clothing in South Korea from 2005.

Fast Retailing will have a 51 per cent stake in the operation - to be capitalised at KRW6 billion - and Lotte Shopping will have the remaining 49 per cent.

Lotte Shopping Co is the biggest retail group in South Korea.